Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Momma needs some earplugs........

I believe I have said before that my son is addicted to drumms.  Everything is a drum or a set of drumsticks.  He had gone through 2 sets of "kid" drums so far.  For a while - we improvised.  That would be a cookie tin, on top of his laundry basket - played with chopsticks....





However, this "band-aid" was only temporary.  He wanted real drums.  He went to the music store and played a real drum set.  He told us he wanted "real" drums.  So, after going back and forth about getting him a real snare drum - or something else.....Jason came home with the solution.  My 2-year old son is now the prould owner of his very own Remo Tunable Drum Pad - and a set of "real" drum sticks.





He loves them.  He playes them all the time.  First think in the morning - he asks to play the drums. He puts them in a special palce at night.  I am sure he would sleep with them if I would let him!

1, 2, 3, 4..........


So - in my next house - I will need to have a soundproof room, because I think these drums are here to stay!  Really, I am ok with that - he can do whatever he wants!  However, I may need to stock up on some advil and buy some good earplugs.  I know how thoes drummers are :)




Practicing his best rock star grin....

Running the "turn table" with Tutu.....


Outside of drumming, he also loves Mickey, playing outside and running around.  I swear the kid does not stop - I get tired just looking at him!  He is doing great - going through a little phase right now where he is pretty whiney if he does not get his way - but I think that goes hand in hand with being 2!  We are so lucky -he is such a great little boy and the light of our lives! 

In other news - today Jason and I are celebrating our 8 year wedding anniversary.  I can't believe it has been 8 years - time sure flies!  We have had quite an adventure so far - and I am truely looking forward to whatever comes next! 

2 comments:

  1. He is so cute, your own little entertainer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable little drummer he is! You and Jason are such good parents Julie. I'm so proud of you.

    Again Happy 8 Years together...and many many more wonderful years ahead!

    Love you!
    Auntie Linda

    ReplyDelete